My Medifast Journey Began on April 27, 2011

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!!
Lets Celebrate by eating green eggs and ham!!!

My sister Jeri and I went to Sams on Saturday. While we were there we of course had to look at everything, so we came to the book isle and found a whole section to Dr. Seuss.
 She found the Green Eggs and Ham book and she made me recite it... since I can still do that almost from memory! She is almost 18 but I can still remember her along with Gabby and Mary running in the room with the book and asking me for the like millionth time to read it... So I got very well versed in Dr. Seussism's :) Although I still had to get her to tell me a couple words, I remembered most of it!! ~ Umm not sure if its really awesome or totally weird that I can still recite the wonderful world of Seuss!??? WhatEVER... Yes It is way awesome!  Ha ha so anyway here we were in the middle of the isle and I was still reciting away and Jeri was almost doubled over in laughter... Umm Shani cant read a childrens book without dramatic expressions and crazy voices to go along with it . So here I am trying to keep it down to a whisper  ~ then shaking my head and saying in a rather loud whisper... "That Sam I am, That Sam I am, I do not like that Sam I am!"  Okay OKay so I was really born to be a Storybook Reteller kind of Person! Do they even pay people to do that? LOL
Any other person would be embarrassed but we had so much fun! Whoever said that reading was fundamental definatly knew what they were saying! The beginning of the word says "fun" LOL .....

 So on this day whether you want to wear crazy colors, eat green eggs and ham or get all of your antique collection of Dr. Seuss books out of the closet, sit in the floor and read them all over again. Remember to live life! Enjoy it! Dont take things too seriously unless it is the concerning the Lord.
Open up love someone! Take time to smell the flowers along the path where you walk everyday!

 Here are the Top 15 Dr. Seuss Quotes ~

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."



"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."


"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."


"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."


"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."


"I meant what I said and I said what I meant."

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."


"How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?"


"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one."

"I do not like green eggs and ham! I do not like them, Sam I Am!"


"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues!"


"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself Any direction you choose."


"From there to here from here to there funny things are everywhere."


"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

"A person's a person, no matter how small."






Read a book and watch it come to life!!!
LOL ~ this was taken a few years ago! In the childrens book section of Barnes and Noble in Chattanooga TN... Yes they are alive! WATCH OUT!!!
 
 
 
 
PS ~ Happy Birthday to my dear friend Melinda Poitras!!! Love you girl!!!
 
Kubarikiwa
"Blessings on You"

No comments:

Post a Comment